Just Pull 'Em
Well, today started out just great. I had an easy class 5 patient come in. I took care of an exam on her, and got her done. Then came the afternoon patient! She was in her mid 50's, and she had a billion diseases and a billion medications...no joke. She took some meds just to help the side effects of other meds. So anyway, some of her diseases included parkinsons, crohns disease, fibromyalgia, restless legs syndrome, depression, and she is menopausal! Hooray me! She had 20 medications, all of which I had to look up in a drug handbook and write down any dental contraindications. So, by the time I did all that and looked in her mouth I discovered she hadn't been for a cleaning in 10 years. Her gums were bleeding just by looking at them! So, then there were all of these complications with getting her numb, so by the time I started scaling it was 2:30, she had been there for 2 hours already and I hadn't done anything! I don't know how I did it, but I got her all done by 3:30 and she was a class three! Wahhoo Me! But, then I found out that the only reason she was getting her teeth cleaned was because she has an appointment next week to get full mouth extractions and dentures! So, all that hassle and she's just going to get them pulled!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow..... that doesn't sound like much fun!
Oh my gosh, that makes me laugh! Some people's thought process... you are the most awesomest :) peer pal!!
Post a Comment