Back in January we went to an inauguration party that some of our friends threw...
Next, we had Valentines Day. We didn't actually get to celebrate on Valentines Day becuase Trent's grandfather was very sick and in the hospital, so we spent the weekend with him. But, this year I was in charge of the celebrations, so I cooked up a fancy dinner that included everything from appetizers to dessert. I made lemon chicken, rice, asparagus, spinach artichoke dip with bread, chocolate covered strawberries, and we topped that off with sparkling cider. It was really fun to have a romantic dinner at home. Then I put rose petals and candles on the stairs leading to our bedroom where I had candles and rose petals all over. I bought Trent the movie Family Man for Valentines day, because that was the first movie we saw on our first date ever...way back when. You can't really tell that the candles were lit in these pictures, but it really did look nice and romantic. I also decorated the dinner table with a centerpiece and all. Then we went and had massages. It was really nice!
The next thing that consumed our lives and thoughts for awhile was Trent's Grandfather being sick and in the hospital, and eventually passing away. It has been so sad to watch his Grandma go on without him. They were such a darling couple, you never wondered how much they loved each other. They were always holding hands and Grandpa gave Grandma foot rubs multiple times a day. They were such great companions. Anyway, we had his funeral. These are some pictures of the funeral. Grandpa always knitted these hats and donated them to anyone who needed them. He made one for everyone in our family. So to honor him we all wore them at the gravesite.



7 comments:
yeah a post! anything you write is fabulous, it's just nice to know what you are up to because I don't see you much.
Hard to celebrate Valentines with everything that went on. It looks like you had a good one though! I am glad, you two are so cute together!
Your Valentine celebration looked tons better than ours. We didn't have a lot of time so we didn't really celebrate this year. We said "Happy Valentines" and called it good. :P Keep that attitude to make sure you celebrate, its a lot more fun. :)
You guys have had so much going on lately, we have felt so bad for your family!
You two are so cute! Keep doing stuff for echother like that even when you might have to set the table for more because you ccan't get a babysitter on Valentines!
Sorry to hear about grandpa. What a cute idea to wear the hats. What a blessing to be a memeber of such an amazing family!
Yay! I was just going to harass you about the lack of updates on your blog. Excellent timing, pal!
What a romantic evening you guys had :)
It was great to see you Trent, I just wish that I could have met you Casandra, You seem like a very nice gal! I do know that you sing very well :)
Love
Wilson Family
What a sweet hubby!! Good job Trent!
Post a Comment